Monday, May 9, 2011

The secret's in the sauce :)

One of my favorite things to do in the kitchen is make marinades, salad dressings, and sauces :)  I've decided to share an easy-to-make and tasty marinade that works well on all types of beef, pork, or chicken. I usually make a large batch at a time (just multiply the recipe by 4) and it will keep in the fridge for up to a month! I'm not a measurer by nature, but I've tried to come as close to the actual amounts as possible :)

2 Garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
1 cup Soy sauce
3/4 cup Dijon mustard
Dash of Worchestershire
1 tsp red pepper flakes
Squirt of honey
1 cup Olive oil

Combine first 6 ingredients in a blender. After they are fully mixed, stream in the olive oil while the blender is still on. If it's too salty for your tastebuds, add more honey. If it's too sweet, just add more dijon!

You can also use a hand blender or food processor if you dont have an actual blender handy.
Hope you enjoy it - I will post more sauces and dressings soon!
Best Dishes,
Meliss

2 comments:

  1. This is great on flank steak! The leftover meat is great on sandwiches (just ask Frank)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmm, I'm drooling on my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete