Thursday, May 31, 2012

Oven Fried

After work today I found myself scrounging through the pantry for my "go-to" seasoning (Lipton Garlic & Herb soup mix).  Much to my surprise I didn't have anything in the pantry to use...until I found the panko breadcrumbs.  I decided to raid the spice cabinet for anything useable and started tossing it in a ziploc!



Here's what I used:
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
onion powder
Tony's creole seasoning
Cavender's Greek seasoning
Pepper



I lightly coated 4 chicken thighs in olive oil and then tossed in a gallon ziploc bag.  Baked at 400 degrees for 40 minutes uncovered.  Then I covered with tin foil for 20 minutes.  I paired this with some of Frank's Mom's (Elsie) dirty rice.



1 cup of long grain white rice
1 can of beef consomme soup
1 can of french onion soup
1 jar of sliced mushrooms
1/2 stick of butter or margarine

Pour the rice in a 9 x 13 and then add the remaining ingredients and top with the butter/margarine (cut into little cubes).  Bake at 350 for 1 hour.  (Tonight I cheated!  I really made this rice on Tuesday night and we re-used it tonight!!!)


4 comments:

  1. Yum Yum - you are always finding ways to be creative in the kitchen! Kudos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish! You need to come cook for me one night like the old days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be trying this chicken recipe soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just seeing all of the comments!
    Ali---you know I'd LOVE to cook the Burrous family dinner anytime!
    Erin---did you make the chicken or the rice? I realized I should have added that there is no need to add any salt to the rice...with the canned soups it is salty enough!
    ENJOY ladies!

    ReplyDelete