Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Going Green

In trying to eat more vegetables I've started adding spinach to my meals.  I am also trying to help Frank branch out and try greens other than broccoli, asparagus, and lima beans.  (I had to make lima beans tonight...twice in 2 weeks!)  So far I haven't sold him on sauteed spinach, but I have sold myself!  My friend, Ali, loves spinach so when I make it I think of her. 

I sauteed 1 bag of fresh spinach (about 4 cups) in 1 tsp of olive oil. 


Then I added a sprinkle of nutmeg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and about 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.  Mix well with tongs and then let it simmer for a couple of minutes.  The vinegar will get thicker and sweeten up.  The result is sweet and delicious!


1 comment:

  1. MMMMMMMM....Austin's not crazy about spinach either!

    ReplyDelete