Friday, September 2, 2011

Books for Cooks

Somehow over the years I have managed to accumulate over 30 cookbooks!  Some gifts from friends, hand-me-downs, and a few wedding presents.  I didn't realize that I had that many until we bought our buffet about a year ago.  It was a great way for me to clean out the cabinets and make room for some much needed new kitchen stuff!  I have been trying to cook 1 new recipe per week to add some variety to our meals.  I wanted to pass along a few of my favorites that you may or may not know about. 

 
This was a wedding shower gift from Ali & Austin Burrous and Sandy & Mike Ewanowski.  It has a TON of recipes in it for quick dinners, crockpot meals, breakfast, desserts, etc.  A friend at work borrowed it and pointed out some new recipes to me that I'd never tried!  I can always find something in here that is tasty! 
 
 
Frank gave me this as one of my birthday presents in March 2011.  The author, Rebecca Lang, is an Athens native and also writes for Southern Living magazine.  I served the Shrimp and Grits in this book as a part of our Easter dinner with The Cranes & Carvers.  It was easy and delicious.  There is also a great recipe for marinated shrimp in here that would also be good for a party. 
 
 
 
Melissa gave me this as one of my Christmas presents.  I LOVE the blackeyed pea and corn salad.  It is mayo-free so you can serve it at a BBQ or picnic and not have to worry about it sitting out of the frig.  It only gets better the longer it sits in the frig!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. The Fast Fix book is good! I still have a few from that book to make :-)

    ReplyDelete