Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Smoothie!

Today is the first official day of summer!  It's been over 90 degrees here for the past few days and it seems like there is no relief in sight.  The neighborhood pool is definitely calling my name!  I guess I got a little spoiled this weekend when the Cranes-Skillings went to Clarkesville and Clayton for a visit.  It has to be about 10 degrees cooler up there than in Athens.   

Frank and I have been enjoying Culloden peaches for a few weeks now and I am enjoying thinking of different ways to use up the fruit in the frig.  We have enjoyed sliced peaches, Grandma's "Lazy Daisy Cake" with peaches and cool whip (courtesy of Mama Skilling), and most recently, peach smoothies! 



4-5 cubes of ice
2 ripe peaches, sliced
6 fresh strawberries, sliced
2 cups of milk (I use low fat 1% milk)

All you have to do is mix everything in the blender! 

No comments:

Post a Comment