Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Other White Meat

Tonight I made my "Crispy Pork Cutlets" for dinner!  I served it with a side of roasted asparagus and grape tomatoes.  It is hard to cook 3-4 meals per week that are all different and tasty.  I try very hard not to repeat the same protein during the week and most weeks I succeed!  I have made this recipe with pork and chicken cutlets and they are both equally delicious and easy.  I got this done tonight in about 30 minutes.  Here are a few before, during, and after pictures. 





Here's what you'll need for the pork:
1 package of pork cutlets (about 1 to 1 1/4 pound package)
1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
2 T of parmesean cheese
salt, pepper, fresh thyme, garlic powder, onion powder
olive oil
2 eggs, beaten

Place the eggs in a shallow dish.  Mix all of the other ingredients (minus the pork and olive oil) in another shallow dish.  Dip the cutlet through the egg and then dredge it through the breadcrumb mixture to coat the entire cutlet.  Put 1 T olive oil in a large 12 inch frying pan.  Cook until golden brown on each side (4 cutlets should take no more than 8-10 minutes).  Repeat this process until all of the cutlets are cooked.
*Note: if you choose to use chicken breasts or thicker pork chops, you will need to brown them on both sides in the frying pan and finish cooking in the oven. They will burn on the outside before they're completely cooked on the inside. This is why I use the 1/4 inch thin cutlets. =)

For the side dish:  Preheat oven at 375.  Clean 1 bunch of asparagus and 1-2 pints of grape tomatoes.  Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and spray with Pam cooking spray.  Sprinkle with some lemon pepper and bake for 20 minutes.   

Mangia! 

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, if I keep reading this blog I will pick up the grocery shopping habit one day. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete