Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cafe Rio Chicken

I hate to admit it, but I've started to use Pinterest and now I like it more and more!  As I stalk the pages/boards that my friends create I frequently come across some yummy ideas!  I saw this online last week and decided that if I was going to sit and salivate in front of my computer then I may as well try the recipes I pin!  Cafe Rio chicken (http://mandysrecipebox.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/cafe-rio-chicken.html) was really easy and to be honest, when it's almost 100 degrees outside the thought of turning on the HOT oven is not appealing!  Frank actually made this recipe for us while I was at work...shhhhh...



2 lbs chicken breasts
1 C. Zesty Italian dressing
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 pkt ranch dressing mix (mixed with 1/2 cup of water)*
1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
 
Place everything in the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.  
*Note: Frank is not a fan of Mexican food (unless he is in Mexico) and this has been a hit this week!  He gave it a 7 out of 10 and said it only needed to be spicier!  We've made pulled chicken tacos this week and I bet it would be tasty on a taco salad, enchilada casserole, or quesadillas.  It almost reminds me of Carla's Cuban turkey, minus the citrus.  

Esperamos que disfrute de!

1 comment: