Wednesday, July 13, 2011

His and Hers

Ever had one of those days/nights when you weren't in the mood for anything?  That happened to me today and just when I thought I was all out of quick and easy ideas, I surprised myself!  Frank requested "Spicy Sausage Pasta" (first made famous by big sis, Meliss') and I wasn't feelin' it.  Very rarely do I make 2 dinners in 1 night, but I decided that I'd make him what he wanted and just wing it for myself.  I sifted through the frig and freezer and managed to find a few ingredients that I thought might actually taste good together.  Turns out I was right!  Here's 2 quick recipes that I made tonight...one for him and one for me! 



Spicy Sausage Pasta
1 box of pasta (rotini, penne, or bowtie)
1 16 oz jar of red pasta sauce (I used Prego Traditional)
1 16 oz jar of alfredo (I used Ragu Light Parmesean Alfredo)
1 package of Italian Sausage (Hot or Mild)
*1/2 tsp red pepper flakes are optional*

Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the directions.  While the water is heating up and the pasta is cooking, brown the sausage completely and then place it on some paper towels to drain the fat.  Mix both jars of sauce in a seperate pot with a lid (add the red pepper flakes now if you want them).  Heat the sauce and then add the cooked sausage.  When the pasta is done drain it and put it back in the large pot.  Pour the sauce over the pasta and allow it to sit for a couple of minutes. 

Stuffed Portobello Caps

4 Portobello mushroom caps
1 box of frozen creamed spinach
1 jar of quartered artichokes
1 small clove of garlic, finely minced

Preheat the oven at 350.  Clean the mushroom caps and bake for 15 minutes.  Meanwhile cook the creamed spinach according to the package directions.  Mix it in a bowl and with the garlic and artichokes.  Stuff the caps with the mixture and back an additional 10-15 minutes (or until the caps are soft). 

No comments:

Post a Comment