Sunday, January 13, 2013

College Friends Reunited!

On 1/6/13 Faith, Ali, and I gathered at Katie's house to meet the newest addition, baby Frank!  Coincidentally it was Frank's one month birthday!  My Mom always brought people food whenever she visited them for life events so that they wouldn't have to worry about cooking.  I thought this visit was a perfect opportunity to pamper Katie a little bit and bring her lunch!  Ali also brought a casserole and salad for Katie to reheat at a later time.  My Mom swears by this recipe and I have made it once at home.  It is quick, easy, and delicious!  She found it in a magazine and I have had a copy of it in my recipe binder for quite some time.  While I don't have a picture of the soup I do have a couple of cute pics of Frank with us!




Tortellini Florentine Soup

9 oz package of refrigerated tortellini
2 cans chicken broth (14 oz each)
3 cups of baby spinach
10 oz alfredo sauce
2 cups of roasted chicken
1/2 cup sundried tomato strips packed in oil
1 oz Parmesan cheese



In 4-quart Dutch oven cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In the same Dutch oven combine broth and Alfredo sauce. Stir in chicken and tomato strips. Heat just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Add cooked tortellini and spinach to chicken mixture. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes to heat through and wilt spinach. To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 6 servings.
*If you like to look at recipes online rather than copy them down here is the link:  http://www.bhg.com/recipe/soups/tortellini-florentine-soup/

2 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds delish! I know this because I've eaten it a few times. Mom makes it yummy and I know you did too...and I know Katie appreciated not having to cook! You girls are sweet friends!

    ReplyDelete