Sunday, October 23, 2011

Going Bananas!

Melissa was in Athens visiting so we could have our "hair-did" together at City Salon on Friday and have some much needed sister time!  We laughed so hard on Friday night that we both had tears in our eyes!  Mom always bakes for us when we are home and then sends us home with some of her goodies.  This weekend I wanted to surprise Mom and Dad with something from my house.  Melissa was sweet enough to deliver their surprise back to the Farm. 

I had banana bread on the brain all week!  Luckily I had 3 old bananas in the freezer that were ready to use.  (Yes, I keep bananas in the freezer!  I do not like bananas once they get freckles on them.  As soon as they start to turn brown on the outside I stick them in the freezer.)  This recpe is perfect for old, freckled bananas! 

3 mashed bananas
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup veg oil
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven at 325 degrees. 
Loaf:  Bake for 1 hour
Muffins:  Bake for 12-15 minutes (or until the center is cooked completely.  My oven took more like 15-18 for the larger muffins and 8-10 minutes for the little muffins.  Insert a toothpick to test if it's done).   Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE me some banana bread! I never thought to put bananas in the freezer. Good tip. You should try mini chocolate chips in your banana bread. That's how Grandma Ewanowski (Dad's Mom) used to make them. It kind of ruins the "healthiness" of the recipe, but it is G.U.D. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I should make some of these! I owe you a phone call!

    ReplyDelete