Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pizza, Pizza!

My sister-in-law's family made pizzas often when she was growing up.  I have to credit Rachel with introducing our family to homemade pizzas.  They're fun and quite delicious!  In fact, I can remember  a specific night at the Farm when we had our own pizza competition.  We all made our own pizzas, tried 1 piece of each, and then voted on who was the pizza champion.  If my memory serves me correctly Frank won with his "mighty meaty" pizza that when topped stood about 3-4 inches tall! 

Tonight Frank and I decided to make our own antipasta platter for an appetizer and then pizzas.  This platter can be filled with meats, cheeses, olives, marinated mushrooms, roasted peppers, bread, olive oil, etc.  Our antipasta platter was made of grapes, sopresetta, jalepeno/garlic stuffed olives, smoked gouda cheese, and bagel crisps.  It was the perfect start to our night! 


For the pizza we clearly had a "his and hers".  Frank is all about adding lots of meat and cheese to his pizza and I opted for a lighter pizza.  Frank's pizza included a layers of pepperoni, italian sausage, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and lots of cheese!  I made a simple margarita pizza with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil.  We used thin crust Boboli and baked these at 450 for 10 minutes.  If tonight's dinner was a competition it would be a tie!  Magia!



5 comments:

  1. Frank's pizza sounds like Kyle's dream pizza :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pizza sounds like my dream pizza! I didn't know they made thin crust, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Oh, and OOOOH....those pizzas look positively DELECTABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made pizza last night too! Mine was ham and pineapple....Mmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies! They were great!

    @ Erin: I think all guys dream of a MEAT pizza! Heck, Frank would be happy if I just served him meat!

    @ Tiff: Yes, the thin crust is waaaay better than the regular Boboli. I also used the 100% whole wheat

    ReplyDelete