Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tiffany's Salad


I'm baaaaaaaack!  You all see how my little experiment went---it took about 6 weeks to get a rise out of my brother!  :-D

About a year ago the girls were all together to celebrate our friend, Tiffany, and her upcoming 30th birthday.  For dinner she made us the most delicious and tasty salad...it was so good that I remember it a year later!  Saturday we were grocery shopping and picked up a 1/2 beef tenderloin so we could make "Frank steaks" and then have a little leftover.  (Believe it or not, buying a beef tenderloin is cheaper than buying individual steaks at the meat counter.  All you need is a man with a good knife and you are good to go!)  At any rate, I immediately thought about the salad that Tiffany made for us!  I called her to get the quick run-down of ingredients and viola----dinner was served!

There is really nothing to this salad.  First I seasoned the steak with McCormick's montreal steak seasoning.  I seared it and when it was medium rare I took it out of the pan and allowed it to rest while I prepped the rest of the salad.  I topped some baby spring mix (or she said you can use arugula if you like the "peppery" bite of the arugula) with sliced strawberries and crumbled goat cheese.  You can also add some candied walnuts if you like.  Top the salad with the sliced steak and then drizzle with poppy seed dressing.  Thanks, Tiff!    




1 comment: