Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pumpkin Time

As Thanksgiving approaches I was inspired to make some sort of pumpkin creation in my kitchen.  I wanted to share some with our co-workers, a few neighbors, and a friend's family.  I give all of the credit for this recipe to my sis-in-law, Rachel.  She made these one year at the Farm and they were an instant hit!  I forgot how many muffins this recipe makes and I decided to double it.  What was I thinking?  Well, 140 muffins and 3 hours later I finally finished baking!  1 batch of these muffins will make about 24 regular sized muffins or 12 regular muffins and over 50 mini-muffins.  Today I made 25 regular muffins and 115 mini-muffins!  I'm sure a couple were eaten here and there for quality control purposes, but that was the final count!  I hope you try these and share some with your family and friends this Fall! 


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 and 1/2 cups veg oil
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 bag of mini chocolate chips

Mix the first 4 ingredients in one bowl.  Mix the next four ingredients in another bowl.  Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients.  Fold in the bag of chocolate chips.

Bake at 375 for 20-23 minutes for regular muffins.  15 minutes for mini muffins.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

  1. Yumm! I made some pumpkin bread this morning (but it was a quick bread...shhh)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! And ironic. I just bought stuff to make pumpkin muffins for my neighbors. It's a weight watchers recipe that I add chocolate chips and cream cheese icing to... making it about as un-weight watchers friendly as you can get. O'well! I'll have to try this recipe one day!

    ReplyDelete